1. In these Conditions of Use, the following words and expressions shall have the meanings set out against them below:
- means any person who participates in the Program.
- means airport lounges which are available to Customers.
- means a third party provider of services for which a Priority Pass card can be used.
- Merchant of Record
- means the organisation responsible for processing Customers payments. Priority Pass Limited is the Merchant of Record for Lounge access through the Program.
- Priority Pass
- means Priority Pass Limited of Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU, Company No. 08792537.
- Priority Pass Card
- means the membership card or digital membership card or any such other form of access as detailed by Priority Pass in writing from time to time at its sole discretion.
- means the Priority Pass program provided by Priority Pass Limited.
- The Program: The Program is designed to enable access to airport Lounges and airport Merchant locations through a membership program.
- Conditions of Use: The Customer agrees that by using the Program the Customer agrees to and accepts these Conditions of Use. These Conditions of Use will prevail over any other terms and conditions provided to the Customer in relation to purchase, or use of, the Program.Priority Pass reserves the right at all times to make any changes to these Conditions of Use.Customers agree that Priority Pass may provide notification by posting the Conditions of Use on the Priority Pass website and app, and that Customer use of the Program constitutes agreement to the current Conditions of Use. Customers are advised to review these Conditions of Use prior to use of the Program and Lounge or Merchant visit. Conditions of Use are effective as of the 17/04/2018 and will apply to use of the Program from that point forward.
- Terms: These Conditions of Use set out the terms relating to the Program and use of Lounge or Merchant location. Each Lounge and Merchant will have its own specific terms which will be outlined in the Lounge and Merchant description on the Program website or app. By using the Lounge or Merchant location the Customer is accepting the Lounge or Merchant terms.Please read the Lounge or Merchant terms carefully before using the Lounge or Merchant location.
- Merchant of Record: Lounge and Merchant visits are subject to a per person, per visit, charge. Where applicable (dependent upon Program membership plan), all such visits, including those by accompanying guests, shall be debited to the Customer's payment card by (i) Priority Pass or (ii) the payment card issuer as per the rates and terms notified by (a) Priority Pass or (b) the Customer’s payment card issuer in respect of their Program membership. If Customer has multiple Program memberships, the Customer is responsible for presenting the correct Priority Pass Card or payment card to the Lounge staff for Lounge admittance, and may only use one such Program membership per entry. Any payment queries should be addressed with Priority Pass or the payment card issuer and not the individual Lounges.
- Use of Lounge: When presenting the Priority Pass Card on entering the Lounge or Merchant, staff will either electronically scan or take an imprint of the Priority Pass card and issue a ‘Record of Visit’ voucher to the Customer or make a log entry. If requested, the Customer must sign the ‘Record of Visit’ voucher, or sign the electronic reader (as applicable), which will also reflect the exact number of guests, if any, but does not show any per person per visit charge. The charge per visit for the Customer, where relevant, and that for any guests will be based on the ‘Record of Visit’ voucher/ log submitted by the Lounge operator or Merchant. The electronic record of the Customer’s visit will be considered valid evidence of the Customer accessing the Lounge or Merchant.
- Documentation: Admittance to a Lounge or Merchant location is conditional upon presentation of one valid Priority Pass Card, per person, per Lounge entry or Merchant visit (some restrictions may apply to Priority Pass Select Customers and Priority Pass Customers in the U.S.A. that receive their membership to the Program through a U.S.A. financial institution) together with any additional identification required by the Lounge (such as passport, boarding pass, national identity card or driving license). Payment cards will not be accepted as substitutes for the Priority Pass Card.
- Record of Visit: The Lounge or Merchant staff will, where appropriate, make a voucher imprint/log entry of the Priority Pass Card, and the Customer is responsible for ensuring the “Record of Visit” voucher/receipt/log correctly reflects their own usage and that of any guests at the time of using the Lounge or Merchant location. Where applicable, the Customer is responsible for retaining the Customer's copy of the '‘Record of Visit’' voucher or receipt presented to them. If a Customer requires a copy of the voucher/receipt the Customer must make the request at the time of entering the Lounge or Merchant location. When entering with multiple Customers, it is each Customer’s responsibility to ensure they are not charged for guests who may hold their own Program membership.It is advised that each Customer show the staff their Priority Pass Card and sign their Record of Visit separately.
- Access via Electronic Device: Use of the digital membership card on the Customer’s smartphone, tablet or other device may require inspection by a member of the Lounge or Merchant’s staff, including the need for the member of staff to handle the device. Priority Pass accepts no liability for any damage caused to the device by a member of the Lounge or Merchant location’s staff.
- Digital Membership Card: Not all Lounges and Merchant locations in the Program are able to accept the digital membership card. In the instance that the location is not able to accept the digital membership card, the Customer must present a physical Priority Pass Card to gain access. Customers are advised to check the Program website or app to confirm whether a given location accepts the digital membership card, and should always have a physical Priority Pass card available when visiting.
- Pre-Booking: Where applicable, Lounges may offer a pre-booking service at an additional charge, which is not managed by Priority Pass but by the Lounge operator.Any concerns and queries should be addressed to the Lounge directly.
- Use and expiry: The Priority Pass card is non-transferable and Customers may only use the Priority Pass Card upon signature by the Customer and up to and including the expiry date. The Priority Pass Card may not be used by any person other than the named Customer and only one Priority Pass Card may be used for each visit to a Lounge or Merchant location.
- Merchant Charges: Priority Pass is not responsible for any charges made by the Merchant in relation to any Merchant visit, whether authorised, unauthorised or incorrect.
- Children: Applicability of Lounge access for children varies according to each specific Lounge’s policies. The Customer is advised to check the Lounge description provided within the Lounge Finder link within the Priority Pass email for specific child-related provisions prior to using the Lounge access. Inclusion of children with regard to eligibility for the Lounge is at the discretion of the Lounge involved.
- Behavioural Standards: Use of Lounges and Merchants is subject to Customers, guests and children behaving and dressing in accordance with the Lounge and Merchant’s terms and conditions, and any person not complying with such terms and conditions may be asked to vacate the facilities. Priority Pass is not liable for any loss suffered by the Customer or any guests where a Lounge or Merchant has refused service because the Customer or guests have not complied with these conditions.
- Travel Documentation: Admittance to Lounges and Merchant locations is strictly subject to Customers and any guests, if permitted, being in possession of a valid flight ticket and travel documents for the same day of travel. Airline, airport and other travel industry employees traveling on reduced-rate tickets may not be eligible for access and Priority Pass has the right to refuse Program membership to people who are employed by or contracted to an airline, airport or a Government in respect of airline or airport security. Outside the United States of America flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass. Please note some Lounges and Merchants in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these locations if Customers are traveling between Schengen countries (an up to date list of Schengen countries is detailed at http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/index_en.htm).
- Consumption Charges: The provision of alcoholic drinks (where local law permits) is at the discretion of each Lounge or Merchant location and in some cases may be limited or unavailable. In such cases the Customer is responsible for paying any charges for additional consumption or for premium alcoholic drinks directly to the Lounge or Merchant (see individual location descriptions for details).
- Telephone and Wi-Fi: Telephone and Wi-Fi facilities (where available) vary in each Lounge and are provided at the Lounge operator's discretion. Free usage of telephone facilities is normally limited to local calls only. Charges for any other Lounge facilities are at the discretion of each Lounge and the Customer is responsible for paying these direct to the Lounge.
- Flight Announcements: Lounges and Merchants have no obligation to announce flights and the Customer accepts that Priority Pass shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect loss resulting out of any Customer and/or guests failing to board their flight(s). Further, it is the Customer’s responsibility to check the relevant entry requirements for any country being visited and to have the correct travel documentation for the journey.
- Changes to Program: Priority Pass may amend the Lounge or Merchant visit charges at any time on providing 30 days’ notice in advance of such change. Where the Customer receives the Priority Pass Card through a third party payment card issuer any changes in Lounge visit charges shall be notified to the payment card issuer, who is responsible for advising the Customer. In the event that the Customer does not accept a change in the Lounge or Merchant visit charges, the Customer shall have the right to terminate their Program membership by providing 30 days’ notice in writing directly to Priority Pass, or to the payment card issuer who will be responsible for informing Priority Pass and liable for any costs the Customer incurs as a result of its failure to inform Priority Pass of such termination.
- Third Party Organisations: Lounges and Merchants are owned and operated by third party organisations. The Customer and guests must abide by the rules and policies of each location, and the Customer accepts provision of a Priority Pass Card for a Lounge or Merchant location does not guarantee continued access and is subject to capacity restrictions. The Customer accepts that Priority Pass has no control over the Lounge or Merchant’s decision on whether to admit any Customer, the number of people allowed in any location at any time, facilities offered, the opening/closing times, the length of time which Customers may spend in the location, any charges payable for extended Lounge or Merchant location visits, or the personnel employed by the locations. Priority Pass will use reasonable endeavors to ensure the benefits and facilities are available as advertised, but the Customer accepts that Priority Pass does not warrant, nor guarantee in any way, that all or any of the benefits and facilities will be available at the time of the Customer's visit.
- Third Party Links and Websites: The Program website may contain links to websites, offers or programs that are operated or owned by third parties that are not part of, or controlled by, Priority Pass. Priority Pass accepts no responsibility for the content of any such third party websites, or in relation to use of any Lounge or the redemption of any offers by third parties. Priority shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from the Customer’s use of any third party websites, offers or programs.
- Loss: The Customer accepts that Priority Pass is not liable for any direct or indirect loss to the Customer, or any guests, arising from the provision or non-provision (whether in whole or in part) of any of the advertised benefits and facilities. The Customer accepts that Priority Pass is not liable for any loss or personal injury suffered inside a Lounge or Merchant location by any person who has entered with a Priority Pass Card.
Personal Belongings: To the fullest extent allowed by law, Priority Pass accepts no responsibility for the actions of the Customer when using any Lounge or Merchant location, and shall not be responsible for any personal belongings brought into a location by Customers or their guests.
- Lost or Stolen Priority Pass Card: Lost, stolen or damaged Priority Pass Cards are to be notified immediately to (i) the Priority Pass office from which the Priority Pass Card was issued, or (ii) the payment card issuer, who shall be responsible for providing a replacement Priority Pass Card. A charge may be levied for any replacement Priority Pass Card.
- Invalid Priority Pass Card: Any Lounge or Merchant location accessed by a Customer using an invalid card, including any guests, shall be charged to the Customer.
- Cancellation by Customer: In the event of the Customer cancelling either their access to the Program, or the relationship with the payment card issuer or other organisation through which their access is granted, the Priority Pass Card will be cancelled with effect from the effective date of that cancellation. Customers who have access to the Program directly through Priority Pass should contact Priority Pass for all cancellation matters. Customers who have access to the Program via a third party payment card issuer or other organisation should contact the third party payment card issuer or other organisation for all cancellation matters.
- Cancellation and outstanding charges: In the event that Program membership has been revoked due to the Customer’s payment card being cancelled or an account being transitioned to a payment card that no longer participates in the Program, Priority Pass reserves the right to pursue legal action to recover any outstanding charges.
- Cancellation by Priority Pass: Priority Pass reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion and without notice to revoke membership to Priority Pass or to terminate the Program. Where applicable, a proportional refund of the Program annual fee/enrollment fee will be made provided revocation has not been made because of fraud or misuse by the Customer.Priority Pass reserves the right to immediately cancel, without refund, any Program membership which is found to be in breach of these Conditions of Use.
- ‘Cooling Off Period’ for first Program memberships: First time Customers of the Program purchased directly through Priority Pass will be entitled to a full refund of Program membership fees if cancelled within 14 days of the initial purchase and service has not been used in full by the Customer. Any services used during this 14 day cancellation period will be deducted from any refund due following cancellation of Program membership before the 14 day cancellation period has expired. Cancellation of membership must be requested in writing to the Priority Pass office where the card was issued, or via phone at +44 20 8680 1338.
- Renewal of the Program: Renewal terms and conditions are at the sole discretion of Priority Pass.
- Automatic Billing: If Program membership has been purchased directly from Priority Pass, and at the point of enrollment the Customer agreed to automatic billing, Program membership will be automatically renewed at the end of the Program membership. If the Customer does not wish to renew their Program membership, the Customer must cancel their Program membership within 30 days of the renewal date by writing to the Priority Pass office where the Priority Pass Card was issued. If the Customer wishes to cancel automatic billing for their Program membership they should confirm in writing at least 6 weeks prior to the expiry date of their active Program membership.
- Standard Billing: If Program membership has been purchased directly from Priority Pass and the Customer has agreed to standard billing, Program membership will expire if the Customer does not inform Priority Pass that they wish to renew their Program membership in writing prior to the end of the Program membership.
- Upgrades and Downgrades: If Program membership has been purchased directly from Priority Pass, first time Customers of the Program may upgrade or downgrade their Program membership by contacting Priority Pass within 14 days of the commencement of their Program membership as long as no Lounge or Merchant location visits have been made by the Customer. Renewing Customers may only upgrade or downgrade their Program membership at the commencement of a new Program membership period.
- Additional Charges: If Program membership has been purchased directly from Priority Pass and depending on Customers country of residence, a postage and handling charge of GBP £10 / EUR €10 / USD $10 may be levied. Priority Pass is not responsible for any additional charges or international fees that the Customer may suffer in relation to transactions and payments.
- Additional Payments: By providing payment card details upon enrollment for payment of the Program membership, the Customer accepts and acknowledges that these payment card details will be stored and used for payment for any additional Lounge or Merchant location visits not included in the Program membership, at the prevailing rate.
- Indemnity: The Customer agrees that s/he will defend and indemnify Priority Pass and its directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively 'the indemnified parties') against and hold each indemnified party harmless from all liabilities, damages, losses, claims, suits, judgments, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) for injury to or death of any person or damage to, or destruction of, any property arising from the use of any Lounge or Merchant location by the Customer, guests or any other person accompanying the Customer, except that such indemnification shall not extend to acts of gross negligence or wilful misconduct by the indemnified parties.
- Tax Liability: Priority Pass makes no representations as to any income, use, excise or other tax liability of Customers as a result of their Program membership. Customers are advised to check with their accountant or tax adviser for further information. The Customer is solely responsible for any tax liability as a result of Program membership.
- Disputes: The Customer agrees that the Priority Pass is not responsible for any disputes that may occur between the Customer and the payment card issuer nor for any loss incurred by the Customer relating to any Lounge visit charges debited by the payment card issuer.
- Program Complaints: Priority Pass is not responsible for any disputes or claims that may occur between the Customer and Lounges or Merchants, nor for any losses, costs, damages, or expenses incurred.If the Customer has any concerns or complaints about the Program they should contact Priority Pass. Any claims, issues or complaints arising out of or in connection with the Program regarding Lounge or Merchant location visits should be dealt with by Priority Pass and made within six months of the relevant Lounge or Merchant location visit. Priority Pass aims to answer the Customer’s query within five working days of receipt. If Priority Pass is not able to respond to a complaint within five working days, Priority Pass will send an acknowledgement letter to keep the Customer informed of the progress Priority Pass is making. To make a complaint the Customer can:
Telephone the following Priority Pass Head Offices:
United Kingdom: +44 208 680 1338
Hong Kong: +852 2866 1964
USA / Dallas: +1 972 735 0536
- Sanctions:The Customer represents and warrants that (i) the Customer is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) the Customer is not listed on any U.S. government “watch list” of prohibited or restricted parties, including the Specially Designated Nationals list published by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Treasury or the Denied Persons List published by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Ombudsman: Should a Customer not be satisfied with the service and dispute resolutions provided by Priority Pass, the Retail Ombudsman may be contacted on the below details:
12 WALKER AVENUE
STRATFORD OFFICE VILLAGE
Tel: 020 3540 8063
Monitoring: Priority Pass is constantly trying to improve the services it provides to Customers therefore we may occasionally monitor telephone calls from Customers to maintain and enhance our services. Customers may access their own telephone recordings (where calls are recorded) and call charges by submitting their request in writing to the Priority Pass office where the Priority Pass Card was issued.
- Jurisdiction: To the extent permissible by local law or regulation, these Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and Priority Pass and the Customer submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of English courts to resolve any disputes that arise out of them.
- Enforceability: Any provision of these Conditions of Use declared void or unenforceable by any competent authority or court shall, to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability, be deemed severable and shall not affect the other provisions of these Conditions of Use.
- Conflict: If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of these Conditions of Use and any version or translation of these Conditions of Use, the English language version shall prevail.
- Discount Offer
- means dining, spa, and retail offers typically characterised by a discount offered by a merchant to the Customer where the merchant is the merchant of record (Customer pays the merchant directly); generally, merchant-funded discounts (money-off or %-off).
- Merchant of Record: Merchant is the merchant of record for Discount Offers access through this program. The Customer pays the Merchant directly following use of the Discount Offer.
- Access: Discount Offers can only be accessed through the Program website or app.The Discount Offer will be applied by the Merchant following the settlement of the transaction between the Customer and the Merchant.
- Discount Offer Terms: Each Discount Offer will have its own specific terms, which will be outlined in the Discount Offer description and accessible through the Program website or app prior to accessing. By generating a Discount Offer, the Customer is accepting the Discount Offer terms.Please read the Discount Offer terms carefully before accessing a Discount Offer.
- Means of Access: The means of access will be an eligible QR code, which will be generated after selecting the Discount Offer, and will allow the Customer to use the Discount Offer with the Merchant.
- Use of Discount Offer: In order to access the Discount Offers, the means of access must be presented to the Merchant, and the Customer is required to inform Merchant staff that they wish to use the Discount Offer. The means of access will be verified visually by Merchant staff to validate the Customer’s eligibility to access the Discount Offer provided through the Program, and also the number of eligible guests accompanying the Customer.
- Additional Charges: Customer is responsible for any additional charges incurred, which are not specifically detailed as included in the Discount Offer.
- Use and expiry: Use of the Discount Offer is non-transferable and Customers may only use the Discount Offer until either the expiry date shown on the Program website and/or app, or until the expiry of the Discount Offer as stated in the Discount Offer terms. The Discount Offer may not be used by any person other than the Customer and their eligible guests.
- Merchant Charges:Priority Pass is not responsible for any charges made by the Merchant in relation to any Discount Offer, whether authorised, unauthorised, or incorrect.
- Disputes: Any claims or issues arising out of or in connection regarding Discount Offers should be dealt with by the Merchant. Customers with complaints relating to any Discount Offer should, within 30 days of use of the Discount Offer, make a complaint to the Merchant following the complaints procedure outlined in the Discount Offer terms.
Last updated 17/04/2018.
Discount Offer Specific Terms: